It’s been more than a year since COVID-19 struck the world. The pandemic still shows no signs of abating, with the total number of infections globally standing at more than 1.44 billion as of April 23, 2021. Many countries are in their second or third wave of virus spread.
However, borders have now re-opened and international travel has resumed in full swing. If you are travelling abroad, it’s a good idea to invest in travel insurance for protection against emergency medical expenses. In today’s times, your travel insurance should also insure you against COVID-19.
Get Comprehensive Covid-19 Protection
Based on your chosen plan, your travel insurance can elevate your financial preparedness:
- In case you are hospitalised due to COVID-19 overseas
- Emergency medical evacuation due to the development of severe symptoms
- Repatriation of mortal remains, in case of demise of the policyholder
- Repatriation of your minor child to your family in your home country, in case they are left alone due to your hospitalisation for a period of more than 48 hours due to COVID-19
- Delivery of medicines
- Flight cancellation due to sudden lockdowns
Travel Insurance is Vital at All Times
Pandemic or not, travel insurance is a must in all international journeys to safeguard yourself financially. Certain countries do not have accessible healthcare services, but medical emergencies can happen anywhere, for any reason. Plus, travel insurance covers expenses like loss of baggage, delay of baggage, loss of passport and travel documents, loss due to terrorist activities, and any personal liability overseas.
The virus is mutating and causing severe symptoms in many countries. The cost of treatment can be extremely high. If you aren’t prepared, it could severely drain your finances. So, arm yourself with travel insurance that includes COVID-19 coverage for maximum protection.