About Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance policy helps cover the insured in the event of a sudden and unexpected sickness or accident arising when the insured is outside of his Country of Residence.
With NLG’s travel insurance policy, you can travel with a peace of mind without worrying about COVID-19, accidents or emergencies arising during your journey.
GET A FREE TRAVEL INSURANCE QUOTE
Travel insurance plans in Kuwait are designed to meet all your travel needs covering COVID-19 for individuals and families. We offer cover for:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation to the country of residence
- Emergency dental care expenses
- Baggage delay/loss
- Flight delay or cancellation/curtailment
- Loss of passport
For more details on various benefits offered, check our table of benefits below.
How to Buy?
Who are NOT Eligible to Buy a Travel Insurance Policy in Kuwait:
- Persons aged from 76 years old and above, except in case a specific Plan including such Cover for persons aged from 76 years and above are contracted.
- Those who have initiated the trip prior to the insurance underwriting.
- Insured travelling for work reasons (paid or otherwise), undertaking physical or manual hazardous activities.
Validity of a Travel Insurance Policy:
A travel insurance policy is valid for a single return trip, i.e. beginning and ending in the Country of Residence.
Insurance is effective from the date of issue of the insurance certificate and terminates on commencement of the trip.
The policy shall also cease with whichever occurs first from the following:
- The expiry of the policy period as shown on the insurance certificate;
- The Insured’s first return home to the Country of Residence, at the end of the trip;
- The Insured’s first return to his Country of Residence prior to the planned return at the end of the trip
This policy does not cover claims for any medical services arising from a pre-existing medical condition.
No claims under this policy will be paid where the Insured:
- is travelling against the advice of a physician; or
- is receiving, or on a waiting list for treatment, or waiting the results of medical tests or investigations for medical treatment declared by a physician; or
- is travelling for the purpose of obtaining treatment; or
- has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition.
Why National Life & General Insurance Co. SAOG (NLG)
- Competitive rates
- Quick Policy issuance
- Swift and easy procedures
- Quick claims processing and settlement
How to Submit your Claim?
For non-emergency medical and all other claims, you will need to complete a claim form as soon as possible after the incident has occurred or within 4 months of your return to your Country of residence.
The completed claim form, together with original invoices, proof of ownership, travel documents and any other relevant details must be sent to Swan International Assistance-Mutual.
Refer to the Travel Insurance Policy wordings for further details
Travel insurance ensures a worry-free journey. It ensures financial protection in case of medical emergencies abroad and also helps in the event of flight cancellation, loss of baggage, and passport…